Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Halloween Fun



My boys are both at such a fun age that I couldn't help but get creative for Halloween. 



            SPOOKY
  EEK
                                                BOO
 
I decided to have a little fun this year and hung up some Halloween decorations. The spiders were made from pipe cleaners and the webbing was made from yarn. It was a pretty easy and cheap DIY project. I found a template online for the bats and cut them out of construction paper.
 
This was our simple but fun Halloween dinner. I wanted to make sure the boys had a good meal before all the candy came pouring in later, a tradition in the making. The center piece consisted of mason jars with cheese cloth wrapped around them and googly eyes to make fun ghosts. Dinner was carved bell peppers filled with pasta, green beans, and bread sticks. Dessert was a fruit cup that had pineapple on the bottom, mandarin oranges in the middle and whipped topping for the top to mimic a candy corn look. Yum! It all turned out pretty great, and the boys loved it too.
 
 
Our Pumpkins




















This year I decided to put my pumpkin carving skills to the test. My pumpkin is the top one. You can't see it all that well but it is a picture of a house with a tree next to it and fog through the air. It incorporated both shaving and carving the pumpkin which was definitely out of my league and took a lot of time but all in all it didn't turn out too terribly bad. Ian's pumpkin is next. Since he can't carve a pumpkin yet I did it for him. I took flower cookie cutters and made an imprint in the pumpkin and then shaved it down. It looked pretty cool after it was done. I know a little girlie but I think Ian will survive. :) The next pumpkin is Jake's. He likes to go with the typical face carving. Unfortunately for Jake's pumpkin it needed a little TLC because Carter decided to rip his eye balls out. The last pumpkin is Carter's. After Carter cleaned out his pumpkin we used metal cookie cutters and a hammer to carve his pumpkin. I pounded the cookie cutters in because they were a little hard to get into the pumpkin and then he helped push the pieces all the way through. He thought that was pretty fun and was highly disappointed when we called it a night. It is hard to see the figures on his pumpkin, but he has two elephants on the top and then a man, a horse, and another man on the bottom.

 
We are raising a little farm. These are two of the cutest farm animals around. Carter is a chicken and Ian is a cow. They are both ready to get some candy!!! 
 
 
 We like to Trick or Treat in stile.
 
 
By the end of the night we had him saying MOO. He makes such a cute cow!
 

No comments: