Jake and I love to go for walks around the neighborhood as long as the weather permits, but we didn't have a two seater stroller and couldn't afford one. We would usually just push around the two single strollers we have which wasn't a problem we just got tired of it. Then Jake's wheels started to turn and he came up with what some call "The Man Stroller" or "The Jeep Stroller".
While Jake was on his summer break from school he first built the stroller out of cardboard just to see what it would look like and to get some measurements. Later that week he asked my dad for some scrap wood and built a mock version to see how it held up to the boys and to iron out any problems we had with it. Eventually we would like to make it out of a thin steel or aluminum, but as of right now we can't afford it.
We found the steering wheels at Goodwill which is why they don't match, but they were cheap which is always a plus! It definitely helps having two steering wheels to eliminate fighting between the two boys on who gets to drive.
Jake did an awesome job upholstering the seat and adding lap belts to the stroller. Luckily for us my mom already had the fabric and padding and we got the lap belt supplies for half off. The hood of the stroller comes up too so that I can put the diaper bag in it or any other items we might need for our walks. Also if you twist the handle bars either left or right the strollers front two wheels turn which make it a lot easier to maneuver.
Finally Painted! We eventually want to add some details to it like headlights, taillights, a grill, ect...but all of that has to wait just a little longer.
We would really like your comments if you have any...
Is there anything you would do different?
How much would you pay for one of these made out of steel?
Is this something you would buy?
Come over and test it out to see what you think.
1 comment:
That's really fun! It looks like a riding lawn mower with a handlebar! My neighbor has something similar. It's a bike for her child to pedal but it has the handle for the mom to push when the child is tired and just wants to ride.
I don't know how much I'd pay for one. I don't know what it's basic cost is so obviously I can't give a price and then you end up losing money on them. But depending on what you charge I think I'd be interested in one. Granted, getting it home wouldn't be very fun!
Post a Comment