Saturday, September 1, 2012

You can't stop me now!

 
 
Look at me, I have a tooth!
 

Ian is almost 10 months old and still not crawling. Some say it's because he is a bigger baby, but I think it was just pure LAZINESS. More often then not he would roll over and reach for a toy and try to get it for maybe a second or two then once he realized that he couldn't get to the toy he would roll back over and stick his two fingers in his mouth and rub his hair like he was saying "oh well". You don't know how happy I am that this kid can FINALLY army crawl. He is still slow going but he is getting better everyday.













Usually when I lay Ian down to take a nap he stays in that one spot until I come in and get him up from his nap. The other day I had put both boys down for a nap and I had laid down on the floor in their room, mostly because Carter thinks it is funny to get out of his bed and go to Ian's crib and make him laugh. Anyway, I was laying on the floor with both boys quiet in their beds then about fifteen minutes later Carter just busts up laughing. I turn around to see what Carter was looking at and find Ian looking at everybody through the bars of the crib. This kid has never done that which goes to show that he has finally discovered his mobility. I thought it was so stinkin' cute that I had to go get my camera and take a few pictures. Needless to say, it took the boys a lot longer to fall asleep for their naps that day.



Ian has always been a happy kid but now that he has discovered mobility life has gotten so much better for him...and me! I love the fact that he can finally entertain himself for long periods at a time. Not only is he army crawling but he is really trying to walk too. He moves along the couch pretty good and when he stands next to you he will let go of your arms and balance himself for a few seconds. He has even taken a step without holding onto anything. It's funny because when he first discovered that he was standing by himself he started to laugh because he realized what a big boy he was. I love that he gets excited about learning new things.

 
Such a big boy!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Meghan was a late crawler, she was 10 1/2 months when she started. It's funny to see when kids get to stages in development. Your kids are so big! We need to see you guys sometime. :)